Sunday 26 May 2013

Place I wish to go #1: Nagashi Somen in Kibune

Last time, I read it from a blog and found about this, Kibune, a place where you can dine directly over a riverbed, with refreshing clear water flowing just below and waterfalls all around you.


Inside there, diners can enjoy nagashi somen (flowing somen) that are sent flowing down through a narrow, long and clean bamboo gutter. Diners will catch the noodles with chopsticks and dip them into a cool and taste broth before eating them. The noodles that have come through the bamboo “river” are so cool that you feel comfortably revived. It is quite a special way to eat the noodles and I found it was interesting when I reading about this article.


This is how noodles are delivered through the bamboo gutter.


I am wondering if I’m sitting very far away from the beginning of the bamboo gutter, the chance to catch the noodles will become smaller because all are being caught by diners sitting near to the beginning of the bamboo gutter (>.<”).  Anyway, I think it is a good place to escape from hot weather and enjoy beautiful scenery from there (=D). 

No comments:

Post a Comment